To make loading and unloading quicker and easier, we’ve provided the following information for drivers utilizing the loading rack at CITGO’s deep conversion refinery in Lemont, Illinois.
CITGO Petroleum Corporation – Solvent Truck Rack
135th Street and New Avenue
Lemont, IL 60439-3659
- 24 hours a day, starting at 10:30 p.m. Sunday until 9 p.m. Friday
- Closed Saturday, Sunday and designated holidays
- All drivers must entirely complete or provide a completed CITGO Trucker’s Request for Petroleum Products form, available at the loading rack. The shaded area of the form must include the tank certification plate maximum capacities.
- All trailers must be clean, dry and odor-free. Each truck must have a cleaning certificate from a recognized cleaning facility or shipping papers showing a CITGO-produced product as the immediate prior cargo. Cleaning certificates should be properly completed, signed, and should include the name and phone number of the cleaning facility. Photocopies will not be accepted. There are no waivers for this requirement.
- All trucks must be grounded in accordance with the Solvent Loading Rack grounding instructions.
- All trailers must have a non-skid work surface on top of the trailer or down the side of sufficient length to allow the loaders to move from loading arm to loading arm without repositioning the truck.
- Capacity of each compartment/trailer must be marked in two-inch letters on or near the dome. The tank certification plate must be stamped showing the capacity of each individual compartment.
- Interior temperature of the trailer must be below 100° F before loading, unless ambient temperature prohibits the tank from cooling.
- Maximum rack height clearance is 12'6”.
- Drivers will not be allowed to add any additive to the product already loaded while on CITGO property.
- Winter conditions: Top of trailer must be free of ice and snow. Wing nuts shall be lubricated and free of ice and snow, as near-zero temperature can cause freezing of dome cover wing nuts.
- No cell phones are allowed beyond driver trailer area. Drivers must put phones away while in the loading area.