- Energy Assistance
- Environment Protection, Conservation and Restoration
- Education and Social Investment
- Safety and Environmental Performance
- Community Involvement
- Apply for Funding
Download (9.3 MB)
Download (5.5 MB)
Download (4.2 MB)
Download (3.3 MB)
CITGO continues to use the strength of its resources to help our neighbors and communities across the Texas, Louisiana and Florida coasts, as well as Puerto Rico, which were left devastated by the historic storm season of 2017. Initial estimates indicate that Hurricanes Harvey and Irma alone damaged or destroyed more than 170,000 homes and displaced more than 230,000 people in Texas, Louisiana and Florida.
As a company with operations throughout the Gulf Coast, we experienced the devastation firsthand through the destruction of our employees’ homes and surrounding neighborhoods. Amidst restarting our refining operations soon after the storms, CITGO was simultaneously dedicated to aiding our employees, neighbors, local authorities and organizations that responded and carried out critical work on the road to recovery.
Short-Term Recovery Efforts
CITGO joined our resilient business community, contributing monetary and non-monetary assistance, to support numerous organizations providing immediately needed critical services. In addition to hundreds of hours generously donated by TeamCITGO volunteers, CITGO donations have supported relief efforts, including:
- Greater Houston Community Foundation: $3 million in funds allotted to provide direct, immediate aid to affected residents in and around Houston, Harris County.
- Law Enforcement, Firemen and Other First Responders: More than 12,000 gallons of fuel donated for First Responders in the City of Houston.
- Educators and Students: Contributed to replacing damaged school supplies and materials for schools within the Houston, Alief and Spring Branch Independent School Districts (ISDs).
- Coastal Bend Community Foundation: $500,000 in funding to address immediate needs such as sheltering and temporary housing, food and supplies, healthcare and transportation for families.
- Potable Water: 3,300 gallons of drinking water to area residents.
- Power Providers and Relief Organizations: 9,000 gallon fuel donation to local power plants and volunteer organizations helping with area clean-ups.
- Hospital Needs and Medical Aid: 50,000 barrels of diesel fuel will be donated to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the Municipality of San Juan to meet the immediate needs of public hospitals, nursing facilities, shelters and other qualified organizations to assist those in need afflicted by the impacts of Hurricane Maria.
Toward Long-Term Recovery
Recovery of these communities will take years. That’s why to support with rebuilding, CITGO has launched its Fueling Good. Rebuilding Lives. initiative. From October through December, every time consumers fill-up at a CITGO branded station, we will donate 1¢ from every gallon of fuel purchased — up to $8 million — toward organizations working on long-term rebuilding efforts in impacted regions.
As CITGO continues its support toward rebuilding lives and community infrastructure, we encourage you to visit this site for updates on our progress during the weeks and months to come.