Houston – July 2, 2013 – At the heart of CITGO is a philosophy known as Fueling Good, a corporation-wide commitment to supporting good things in the communities where CITGO operates. Fueling Good elements are the cornerstones of the company’s 2013 brand advertising campaign, which includes the following trifecta of goodness: the Fueling Good Road Trip, a Fueling Education promotion and a Fueling Good 501(c)(3) program.
Featuring CITGO ambassadors Adam and Diego, the Fueling Good Road Trip highlights their journey through the CITGO footprint seeking all the good in local communities; from good deeds to good, local places within the neighborhood. The Fueling Education promotion, in partnership with Classwish.org, provides an opportunity for teachers to win supplies for their classrooms. And last, but certainly not least, the Fueling Good 501(c)(3) program awards local nonprofits in the CITGO marketing areas for the good work they do in their local communities. Together, these components provide opportunities for more consumers to engage with the brand throughout the year.
“The philosophy of Fueling Good is an integral part of the CITGO culture and identity of our brand,” said Gustavo Velásquez, vice president of supply and marketing for CITGO. “It’s always been more than just a promotion or a tag line; it’s how we do business. The success of Fueling Good is a testament to the dedication and innovation of our team of local Marketers and Retailers as well as our CITGO employees.”
While www.FuelingGood.com is the hub of activity, this year’s campaign utilizes social media to actively spread the Fueling Good message. Through various social channels, consumers can engage directly with CITGO, talking about all the ways they fuel good or the good things that inspire them. The Fueling Good social channels include:
- A Facebook page that tracks the Fueling Good Road Trip and hosts Adam and Diego, while also providing information on all the other good things going on at CITGO such as TriCLEAN gasoline and the CITGO Rewards credit card.
- The CITGO Fueling Good Twitter profile where followers can tweet about how CITGO fuels good in their community.
- A YouTube channel where Fueling Good Road Trip fans can watch highlights from Adam and Diego’s latest adventures across the CITGO footprint.
- A Fueling Education Instagram contest that gives teachers the opportunity to submit a photo of their students with the #FuelingEducation hashtag for the chance to win a $100 CITGO Gift Card.
- An interactive Pinterest page that encourages fans to pin pictures of themselves fueling good every day in an effort to recognize all the good that is done in local communities.
In addition to heavy social media, the brand advertising campaign utilizes national and local TV commercials, national and local radio spots, billboards and other outdoor advertising, point of purchase (POP) materials, events, public relations and Web videos to promote the good that CITGO and its network of independent Marketers and Retailers make possible.
“We know that there is a lot of competition for people’s attention these days,” said Velásquez. “That is why we are using multiple mediums to reach consumers and get out the message that good things are happening at CITGO and in our local communities.”
Based in Houston, CITGO is a refiner, transporter and marketer of transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products. The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. For more information, visit www.CITGO.com.
# # #