HOUSTON, Feb. 11, 2013 – Offering solutions that help CITGO Marketers grow their businesses is the focus of a series of Roundtable Meetings hosted by CITGO Petroleum Corporation. Beginning Feb. 12 and continuing through March 5 throughout the CITGO footprint, these meetings allow CITGO personnel to present 2013 program updates, advertising plans and other valuable tools that CITGO Marketers can use to generate more traffic and sales at their locations. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the CITGO Roundtable Meetings.
“As we have for the last 25 years, we begin the year with a series of meetings that showcase the CITGO programs and customer support that our Marketers have at their disposal,” said Alan Flagg, general manager of light oils marketing for CITGO. “One of our overarching goals is to provide flexible programs that fit the needs of our independent Marketers, not one-size-fits-all solutions. Through these meetings we can talk directly with our valued customers and really understand how we can help them succeed.”
Some of the key programs designed to drive retail activation and customer loyalty for CITGO Marketers and Retailers in 2013 include:
- Introduction of TriClean Fuel™, an enhanced CITGO gasoline that keeps engines clean and operating at optimal levels;
- Launch of the Fueling Good Road Trip, an exciting tour through the CITGO footprint highlighting good things at CITGO locations, rewarding local schools and charities and showcasing the unique sights and personalities of each community, all of which will be reported along the way via social and broadcast media;
- Growth in the CITGO Grow Bucks program, with a revised tier structure that rewards higher volume locations;
- Continued promotion of the CITGO Rewards proprietary credit card, which provides a 5 cent-per-gallon statement credit on every gallon of CITGO fuel purchased with the card. Since its debut in the fall of 2012, new accounts have increased by more than 200 percent, with applications and approval rates increasing by more than 100 percent.
- Continued emphasis on the crisp, modern Centennial image implementation, with currently more than half of all CITGO locations sporting the fresh, new look.
- Changes within the mystery shop program, Trimark of Excellence, that raise the bar on award and penalty thresholds in an effort to further improve the retail experience for customers.
“All of these programs will help grow the brand and generate enthusiasm and excitement among our potential and existing Marketers and Retailers,” continued Flagg. “We added more than 20 new Marketers and nearly 400 new-to-CITGO branded locations in our network last year, so we are ready to build on that momentum and work hard for our customers this year.”
For more information about the programs available to CITGO Marketers and Retailers in 2013, Marketers are encouraged to attend their local CITGO Roundtable Meeting or, if unable to attend, contact their CITGO Territory Sales Manager.
CITGO, based in Houston, is a refiner, transporter and marketer of transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products. The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. For more information, visit www.CITGO.com.